View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #155
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbarkerissatan View Post
I find their move rather idiotic considering that ebook readers still haven't taken off and now the heavy competition from Amazon. I look forward to my next ebook reader, a Kindle.
And Amazon has been releasing firmware updates to Kindle out the wazoo, hasn't it? How many so far? And what new functionality have the Kindle owners gained from those many updates?

I am not sure what Sony "move" you are talking about. AFAIK, Sony never actually promised the update, unless you wish to take some sales people talk at face value. It's true that their firmware is full of bugs (I found athlonkmf's joke funny as well ). But they way it is, it's acceptable to the current owners (otherwise we would be seeing some custom firmwares coming from the 3rd party developers, not just puny little hacks). So, with or without firmware update Sony Reader is still the best designed (both ergonomically and aesthetically) eInk device on the market today.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote