View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #56
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
I don't know if it is worth it to you, but you might consider getting an attorney.
I agree. I have now heard this story from too many people. Even if the closure is legit on some technical level, treating it like it's a matter of national security is not fair. The affected person needs some recourse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

It is rather worrying that they will completely shut you out from media that you've purchased.
Indeed. It seems that even if my email address is fraudulently used by a thief, resulting in a ban, I loose all my content and have little recourse.
That's not right (see above) but on a practical level, though I have never had any problem with Amazon, I think'd better clear some room on my NAS and start backing stuff up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post

I believe there are three sides to every story: Yours, Mine & the Truth which lies somewhere in between.
Don't fall for the Grey fallacy. It's very possible that one party can be telling the truth, and truth doesn't shift to the middle just because some one else tells a wild lie.

I'm not saying that's the case here. There may well be a grey area, but it's also possible that one party is telling the truth and the other party is lying.

ApK