View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
Interesting idea, using an app to tone down the whole screen.

I was lucky enough that on my Viewpad 7e, the lowest screen setting is really low. Low enough in fact for reading even in a completely darkened room.

Even if this were not the case, my preferred reader app, FBReader, lets you set absolute color and brightness for both the text and background using three RGB 0-255 sliders (you can also use a custom tinted paper texture background and set it that way if you want).

One advantage of having a nice low low setting on the backlight though (instead of relying on a filter app or the RGB settings in your reader app) is that really cutting back electrically on the backlight also helps out quite a bit on battery run time on my tablet. At anything above half brightness, I am lucky to get 5 hours out of my tablet, but at minimum brightness I can easily get up to 7 or 8 hours.
My previous 7" tablet also had a very nice and low lowest brightness level... but I get the impression that the better the screen, the brighter the lowest brightness level! I have my default backlight setting at 11%... And that still is too bright for night time reading (lower than 10% will turn off the screen...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote