View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:31 AM   #55
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
How are you trying to use replace. When I use it, starting at the top of a document, I type in my find/replace strings. Then I hit Replace Next (right arrow next to the Replace box - tooltips coming soon...). This replaces the first occurrence of the found text and leaves my cursor at the end of the replaced text. To replace the next one I click on Replace Next again and it replaces the next one and again leaves my cursor at the end of the text. If I didn't want that particular one replace I hit Undo. I can then hit Replace Next for the next one (or Find next) and so on.
That seems backwards to me... from any other S&R system I've used.

I'm used to seeing the text I'm thinking about replacing being highlighted, and then making the decision to replace it or not. Rather than just automatically replacing the next occurrence (without seeing it highlighted first) and then deciding whether or not the change needs to be undone. How can I know if it needs to be undone when I never got to see the original text before it was replaced?

I guess I could get used to alternating between the Find and the Replace buttons if I have to, but most S&R engines I've ever used have some sort of functionality to combine the "Replace Current" and "Find Next (but don't replace it yet)" functions into one button-click.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-16-2011 at 07:33 AM.