View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #65
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Okay, I have started with one of the free versions, but the formatting is making it somewhat of a slog with too many spaces between short paragraphs.

Has anyone bought an Epub with attractive formatting they can recommend? Preferably annotated.

I don't know of an e-book with annotations, though the Penguin edition paperback {which I have} does have a glossary and extensive notes--some by Forster himself who felt that a glossary of Anglo-Indian terms would be very useful to the general reader . Glossaries and notes are available online. Cliff notes provides one that is fairly useful:

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_gui...ageNum-28.html

It is fairly basic and intended for anyone who wishes to explore the novel. Areas such as character analysis and critical perspectives one can save until after reading the book and evolving one's own personal outlook. The glossary, though is a handy in-progress reading tool.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote