View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdietz39 View Post
I do a lot of genealogical research and one of my main sources of data is Google books. I can download PDF images of books written in the 1700 - 1900 period with tons of data for me. However they are PDF images, not PDF text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
You will want something with AT LEAST a 1024x720 pixels screen, 8 inch minimum, since most PDF's are based on A4 or lettertype page sizes.

Are they really? I think many of the books written in the 1700-1900 period are rather small.

If you have the possibility (availability, right to return) I would try out a iRiver HD Story and see if it can serve your needs.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote