View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #53
numindast
Enthusiast
numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2, DX (had PRS500, 505, 700)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think of large-screen devices as being replacements for 6" readers, but complimentary to them.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I look at it like this:
Kindle 2 = paperbook
Kindle DX = hardcover

in terms of reading ease.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandy View Post
Depends what you mean by "not portable." I always carry a briefcase/messenger bag to and from work, so it will fit in there quite well. Since I don't have a purse, the K2 wouldn't fit in a pocket, and would need to be hand-carried as well when I'm out without the bag.
+1

All of the above combine, for me, to having both a K2 and KDX. I thought the PRS was a nicer looking device but I do like the K2's page turn buttons better and all that extra room around the screen actually does, for me, make it easier to hold comfortably in all sorts of ways.

In hindsight, I should never have bothered with the leather covers for my Sony Readers and just gotten a case to slip it easily into when not using it. That's the route I took with the K2, and I just ordered the exact same style (Belkin neoprene) for the DX.

When commuting to/from work, I always have my satchel with me and it has my notepad & papers and often my work laptop so the DX will slip in there and be fine. Then for the times I am going to the lakefront, say, and packing light I'll bring the K2.

An important feature, for me, is the Whispersync. It will be very nice to switch devices, activate wireless for a few moments and have my reading material sync'd up right where I left off.

I refuse to discuss the cost of eBook readers since that's the #1 complaint from people who have no interest in eBook readers. "You mean you buy the reader and THEN you have to buy the BOOKS TOO???" I'm a gadget lover, I'll pay for the gadgets.
numindast is offline   Reply With Quote