View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 AM   #182
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
So, the prc file generated with the iLiad-p profile should be able to be loaded into the Kindle 2, right?

I'm expecting my Kindle 2 to arrive next week and in preparation I'm converting a few of the PDFs I want to move over. When I used the prc-mobi-p profile, besides the expected downgrade in graphics quality (b/w vs 16 shades gray), the resultant output file had large margins on the bottom and right-hand side. With the iLiad-p profile, each page image came closer to filling the entire page and looked much better.

So I should have no problem pulling this iLiad version into the Kindle 2 right?
By default, they both create a .prc "ebook" but with differing pages sizes and shades of gray i.e.
Code:
       prc-mobi  :   520   640   landscape      right           4     gray        prc 
       prc-mobi-p:  520   640   portrait        none            4     gray        prc 
       iLiad        :   768   935   landscape      right          16     gray        prc 
       iLiad-p     :   768   935   portrait        none           16     gray        prc
You can override the above defaults for either profile to suit your needs. I think the iLiad .prc may be a bit too large for the Kindle 2 screen. I'd rather you not have to shrink them down to accomodate, as this adds another (post-) image conversion step that may diminish the quality. It would be better just to increase the default colors to 16 from 4 and use the mobi-prc profiles.

When you get your K2, just experiment which works better (and, of course, report your findings back here )
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote