View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #100
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I am considering this tablet sometime in the coming months, one thing that would be nice for me is

Does the Kobo app come with any widgets, I like the mosaic on my home screen for quick access to the latest 3 books, is this available?

Android app on my phone doesnt, but as this is a tablet wondered if it does
------------------------------------------------------

Not that I've seen, Paul. The Droid app very much looks like what you see when you fire up the desk-top. To get to the different views, books, previews, wish-list, etc, you merely flick your finger left or right. The Droid version does not have the many features (like many choices of fonts, etc) that the dedicated Vox does, but the clarity of the few general choices you have, work very well on the H.D. screen. On the Nexus, everything is instantaneous. I'm not going to put the Vox into a bedside drawer, but if you compare the two....the Vox is stone-age compared to what the '7' brings into play. Oh...I did download a pinball game, that could not be played on the Vox (too slow, too jerky) and with the great stereo (and loud!) speakers on the '7', it was like I was playing the pinball on a dedicated game console. Smooth animation and sounds as silk. Paul...this is a powerhouse, and for the $249.00 US/$259.00 CA price on the 16 GB model...performance wise, it's a steal. It will be interesting to see what Kobo's response might be into the future. But, perhaps there really won't be. As soon as you install the Droid Kobo app..and fire up your account, you have all your books, magazines, everything that was 'Kobo' now is also on your Nexus 7. So,...where you take the Nexus...so too, does your 'virtual Vox' go....

Edit: I'd imagine that you can side-load custom fonts and put then in the right location for to be seen by the Kobo Droid App. That might be an option for a greater, more personal choice of font rendering. The one important feature that the Kobo Droid App does have, is the SEPIA look besides Classic and Night Mode. I use the Sepia exclusively on the Vox, as most easy on the eyes...

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 07-18-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: added content
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote