View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #29
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
@ vampiergrave

I'm not familiar since a long time with epub, but in my own experience 2, perhaps 3 of them showed very long paragraphs.

Can I repeat my previous questions (post # 15)? Regarding to your long paragraphs: have you many of them? How long are they? How many epub with very long paragraphs do you have in your stable?

Just curious!

If you created yourself the long paragraphs, would it not be better to make them shorter? If you don't, we are in the same boat and the "possible" solutions seem to be here.

BTW, this is not really surprising that an unusual problem causes specific effects. Consequently Kobo in general and the Glo in particular are not the only culprits here: your very long paragraphs also play a role. Moreover, with widows and orphans set to 0 in the CSS and, for the KT with the kepub extension, things are nice for me. Finally, the Sony PRS-T1 doesn't work correctly without 0 for w/o either: there is a lot of wasted space without this setting. But as I said, the codes in my epub are really simple as well as my CSS, with no fonts embedded, etc.

@ davidfor

Thanks David for all these details about kepub.

Quote:
I'm curious about where you got "maldoror.kepub.epub". Kobo's kepubs usually have no extension and what looks like GUID for the name. I haven't seen them anywhere else.
Ok, I was not clear. I just created it as an epub and renamed it as a kepub to see if it's going to work with the TR-1. In other words, this kepub is not coming from Kobo but from wikisource through me. Indeed, with the KT my "maldoror.kepub.epub" worked so well that I wanted to test it with the Sony. Of course, "she" was unable to take advantage to this "kobotisation"!

Last edited by Arios; 02-13-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote