Thread: Which One Next
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I like stories NOT set in N.Y.C. or L.A. so James Lee Burke gets credit from me on that score alone.

I do think his earlier work is better than his later stuff.

I think Burke has the best titles for his books. I scan past them when I'm browsing, and 2 books later, I go, "What the. . . " and go back to take a second look. Everything a good title should do.

Lee Childs' "Reacher" books are candy. They aren't that good, but they are a lot of fun to read. Easy to put down, but just as easy to pick up again!

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 07-27-2012 at 06:42 AM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote