View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:11 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I think this can be a problem for many folks, not just teens.
For myself, when I read a 'classic' I always read the 'Cliff Notes' for the book at the same time. This gives me all the 'you should be aware of' sort of concepts that make the actual reading of the book much better, and certainly much more understandable to me. I get a lot more out of it.

Stitchawl
Absolutely agree. Sure, I could read it without footnotes and commentary, but the experience is so much richer with the added info. Even with an extensive study of lit history and so on, I think I would miss a lot of nuance with just a cold reading. Then again, some of the comments seem to be pure BS, so you have to use your own judgement on the usefulness of them sometimes.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote