View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
To pilotbob:

If you are willing to pay for this service, that's another story. Suggest that to kindle2-feedback [at] amazon.com Your counter argument on not buying a book after browsing the store is not valid, Amazon will take into the cost of bandwidth used by your browsing as part of the cost do online business. But an earlier comment regarding tricking the Amazon to sync Last Page Read on books that are not from the Kindle store is so malicious. Why are you getting a free ride on people who are buying books from Amazon to subsidizes those who are not. Someone out there trying to run a business by providing its customer value added services, others must come along to stick it to the man to say, "I know I can just get a free ride".... Where is the integrity?

To KindleKat:
I think most devs would say they rather develop something useful the users then go spend time to play cat-mouse game with hackers. However, those devs are being employed do participate in a sound business. All these hacking on Amazon services are a cost to the infrastructure investment. That's why every time more hacking is done, more development time ends up to prevent hacking. At the end, the legitimate users suffer from not getting the updates the dev would have otherwise developed.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote