View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmoy View Post
Sigh... When Amazon creates a sync service, they are adding value to the books that they are selling. Would you please stop trying to rip Amazon off by using their server and cpu time to sync books not bought from Amazon? It is one thing if Amazon offers it but if you are modding your book headers to trick the current program to waste Amazon cpu time... That's lame.
It seems to me that amazon is ignoring the fact that people will use their Kindles with content NOT from the Kindle store. They should see this as an opportunity to provide this service. I have been saying since day 1 with my Kindle that I would be willing to pay to be able to add my own content to my media library.

I think either tie it to my S3 account... or go with some Flickr like annual membership price which I think is $25 a year.

That said, how much "CPU" time are we really talking about here? Probably less than it takes for me to log into my Kindle account and browse the store and not buy any thing. Am I ripping Amazon off when I browse in their store and then don't end up buying the item?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote