View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Language preferences

Hi

I am a French user. All the EPUBs I produce make use of espaces fines and curly apostrophes (also called apostrophe typographique). The use of these two characters is recommended for quality typography in French. This post is written in the hope that Sigil could provide better support for both of them.

1. - It would be wonderful if Sigil allowed the user to choose as a default in the language preferences between straight and curly apostrophe. Implementation could be done this way: when the user selects the French language, it would trigger the opening of a small dialog window intended for French users, letting him complete his choice. Other dialog windows could probably be opened this way for the special needs of other languages.

Rationale: Every time I make a text search, I must take into account the fact that Sigil will look by default for straight apostrophes. And the pity is that in French language we really have tons of apostrophes, which means that many a search include an apostrophe... Many French beginners are not aware of this and have the feeling that the search is not working properly.

2. - We use more and more espaces fines. which is Narrow No Break Space or &_#_8239_; (it's a slippery animal). It would be nice if we could select it among the special characters, like other entities.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote