View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes, Mantano displays tags set from Calibre. Tags and comments, for instance.

Mantano is good if you keep a lot of books on your device. It is almost as fast and good as Calibre to help you find a book. And ePub is relatively efficient with storage. I have around 2200 books on my tablet, and it takes up less than 8GB. Some of them, mainly nonfiction, are large PDFs.

The only wierd thing is that it doesn't support Author Sort directly, so you have to fix that using a plugboard when you send the books. Set Authors to Author Sort.

I would have liked to be able to map tags set in Calibre to Collections in Mantano, to automatically group newly added books in collections. Currently I use a special #Coll tag that I use to create a subfolder for each collection. In Mantano I list all books in each folder and assign them to different collections that way. Works fine, but it would have been nice if that could have been automated during import.

Last edited by Adoby; 01-12-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote