View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
penguinaka
Quack! Quack!
penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.penguinaka can eat soup with a fork.

Device: kindle 3 & sony daily prs950sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Do you have .opf files stored with your ebooks? Calibre will read those files during import in preference to your regex for author/title.
If that's the case There is a check box you can uncheck/check to read the literal file name information over whats contained inside the file.

Another thing you might check is down on the bottom left the pull down for manage authors. make sure your using sort by authors and not author_sort.

and in the tweeks section of preferences check your author sort name preferences: I import my directly as spelled out and use

author_sort_copy_method = 'copy'

Also I plugged your regex into calibre to test and it comes up invalid...

use this:

Removes Brackets in series - leaves anything in brackets in title
^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^-]+)

or

Removes brackets around series - deletes anything in brackets in title

^(?P<author>[^-]+)(\s*-\s*(\[?(?P<series>[^-0-9]+)\s*(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)?]?)?)?.*?-\s*(?P<title>[^\]{[()]+\w)

some other regex can be found here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138792
penguinaka is offline   Reply With Quote