View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentz View Post
I have been using calibre successfully for the last year; however, after recently updating I cannot seem to get anything to work. I uninstalled the program, deleted the program file, deleted the registry entries, and then re-installed. After all this effort I am still having problems.

The program loads fine, but when I try to do anything the program just hangs. I cannot even import a single book anymore. In the most recent version I at least get an error message stating that the program has "hung" and to "restart" the program. In previous versions I could not convert any of my books (all non-drm). Does anyone know what has happenned during the last several updates?

I am using winxp. After more than a year of successfully using the program I am about to give up! I suspect all my metadata will now be lost as well?

I would appreciate any help.
The new calibre 7.21 onward will make a backup of your meta-data and save it with the title.
Thhis is pretty intensive the first time after an upgrade from a version that did not have it.
If your machine is slightly under-powered, it will bog down.
Start Calibre and do nothing with it for a few hours (if you have a 1000+ books)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote