View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #3041
O-Tello
O-Tello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi all!

I'm a total newbie regarding Kindle topics. I fear I ran into some trouble when trying to "enhance" my Kindle 4NT. I already had a jailbreak and a screensaver hack installed. Had some custom screensavers on my device. I wanted to reset the screensaver to the original pictures. I thought it is enough to just update the Kindle to the current firmware (4.1.1). Unfortunately it's not.

So now my Kindle 4NT is running on 4.1.1. I already re-applied a jailbreak. But it's not possible to enable any screensavers again. The old (customized) screensavers are gone and I'm not able to re-enable any screensavers. Instead of any photo just a blank screen is shown.

First I tried to create a new screensaver folder the good old way via SSH but it seems that doesn't work anymore under 4.1.1.

Second I tried to use the "hack" listed in this thread. I can successfully update the Kindle with the "update_ss_0.34.N_k4_install.bin". All folders are created like expected. But after copying some pictures into the screensaver folder and rebooting nothing happens. Instead of any screensaver I still see just a blank page.

I'd be very happy, if anyone can support me and help me to find a solution to my problem.
O-Tello is offline   Reply With Quote