View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #397
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've read 97 books so far in 2013, so I'm still 15 books / 12% ahead of my goal of 120 books read this year, according to Goodreads, in spite of spending the last ten days on reading & re-reading the same book. (Not counting the re-read there as a separate book, although I've done it with other re-reads, where at least half a year had passed since the original read.)

In terms of "new full books read this year", this number would be lower, as it also includes a few short stories and novellas (on the other hand, it also includes some books that are 600-900 pages in print length, so I guess it averages out well enough), but basically, I'm on the right track.

I'm not even going to think about my secondary personal challenge of keeping my list of newly purchased books below the number of books read, though - I was aiming at no more than 120 new books bought, and I've already bought 186 ebooks alone (+ have a dozen more preordered with release dates still in this year, + 34 free ebooks) in addition to a dozen paper books.

Still, it looks like I'll be buying fewer new books this year than I did last year when it was well over 400 books bought + 300 free ones downloaded, so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote