Thread: GitHub mirror
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #15
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
But all this does is create extra work for Kovid for absolute zero benefit. Why should Kovid have to waste his time trying to reconcile patch dates or request mirror updates?

A user who wants to genuinely contribute to calibre will do whatever they need to do with the existing infrastructure, as I and dozens of other contributors have done. Adding to Kovid's workload in any shape or form just because user x wants to use Git over Bazaar is just plain silly. As I said above, either you request and get Kovid to agree to move calibre onto Git, or you suck it up and use what exists and works perfectly fine as is.

Splitting a project across two source control systems is pretty much unprecedented in the development community AFAIK for a long list of very good reasons. But anyways that's my rant on the subject over, I'm done.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote