View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #550
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
For any devs that this is actually a difficulty factor (as opposed to just pure laziness on their part), I'd really hate to see them try and deal with coding for the desktop. It'd be a complete nightmare for them...
Are you questioning that this would be the case? I can give you one example. I have Audio Xciter on my iPod Touch. About 4 months ago I went looking for it on Google Play. It wasn't there so I e-mailed the developer and asked him if he planned to port it to Android. He emailed back: "Still testing the Android app. There are over 1,000 Android phones/tablets. Makes testing things very complex. I prefer Apple - three devices to test."

The app still isn't available on Android. And I can't believe it's because he's lazy. Actually, the company is Aphex and they seem very high-tech and professional to me. So, bottom line is I think that in many cases, it may be harder to develop for Android. And to be clear, that may not be because of the coding itself, but rather the difficulty of making one app work smoothly on a huge variety of devices with different OS overlays as well.

BTW, anyone who is looking for a DSP music app, I highly recommend Audio Xciter. It's excellent.

--Pat