View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #408
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think it might actually be changes to Kindlegen that have broken the cover functionality. I don't think the EmbeddedCover meta-tag is valid any more.

No, what's happened is that at some point the EmbeddedCover tag has been generated incorrectly. It ought to look like

<x-metadata><EmbeddedCover>Cove Image Name.jpg</EmbeddedCover></x-metadata>

And if changed to that, KindleGen handles it fine.

But that's unofficial support left over from Mobipocket Generator.

I think it's probably best if we drop support for Mobipocket Generator, and tweak things to work only with KindleGen.

There's another problem too - we're including the thumbnumber cover image in the manifest, which causes a cycle of Mobiunpack/Kindlegen to add an extra image - a new thumbnail each time.

Whether this is because the metadata is declared incorrectly, or because KindleGen can't handle being given an explicit thumbail image I'm not sure.

There's also a problem of empty anchors not being removed well enough, causing extra empty anchors to be added on each cycle through as well.

I'll work on a fix for all this over the weekend.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote