View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #55
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My inability to re-read has nothing to do with "knowing what's going to happen" (not directly anyway). I want to re-read, but I can't. Not because there's no joy in it, but because I simply can't focus. I read something that I didn't catch the first time around and immediately start trying to fit it in with what I know is coming from my previous read. Part of my mind goes on a wild tangent while my eyes are still scanning the pages (and my hands are even turning the pages), but I'm no longer reading. I'm just turning pages and moving my eyes while my mind is working a future problem in the plot. Then I catch myself and have to figure out exactly where my eyes stopped seeing the words and start over from there. But it eventually happens all over again. I'm skimming pages without the words truly registering while thinking about other parts of the book. I hate skimming; I won't ever consciously do it. So I eventually I just gave up trying.

It's my loss, I know. I really do envy those who can still re-read books.
Happens to me as well although I could not put it so clearly.

I go into blah blah blah mode when reading long recaps from previous books in a series even. Then I find myself several pages down the book without a clue what I have read. Oh well.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote