Thread: iLiad The iLiad OS Project
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #23
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Wow, great work!

Is the matchbox keyboard really just a drop-in replacement? I would have thought it was a little more complicated than that.

I think we should put network scripts in 2.14. One thing I'd like 2.14 to include is a "Programs" folder accessible from the system menu. (We might move it elsewhere during the 2.15 UI redesign; this is just to start.) We can use this as a location for non-file-related programs (calendar? sudoku?) as well as scripts. I'm not wild about this concept, but I can't think of a better implementation, unless EVERY program has an associated file type...?

Of course, dropbear and networking should never be started at boot because of the power drain, and because the vast majority of users don't need them.

I'm in favor of trying some pre-install/post-install scripts to simply move/restore the existing mobipocket installation. A solution like that could hold us until we can find a better alternative. It would be great if iRex could provide a just-Mobipocket package via iDS.

Alternately, it would be great if they could make the whole community OS available through official iDS, effectively adopting the community development as the new official version. But I doubt they'd be willing to do that.

Sadly, my iLiad is on loan to my fiancee in another city at the moment. I won't have access to it for two more weeks. So I can't test anything right now either. Anyone want to volunteer to test?
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote