View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 AM   #43
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Sorry, but I am still interested in the answer to the question I asked. Judging by your many helpful contributions I thought you might have some idea how many people are involved in the development of "fringe" products by PB, Onyx, Ectaco.
So this was a precise question and you seemed to digress into rather general territitory instead of just saying "I have no idea".
To relate the size of a company to the actual success of a reader in my opinion is not far fetched: people using PB, Onyx, Ectaco do not seem to be as satisfied as people using, Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N.
And that is because they release working products. Firmware is improved when necessary(or in some cases like the DX you can notice that nothing happens any more).
PB, Onyx, Ectaco seem to throw more or less experimental products on the market - and users hope for improvements.
As I am primarily interested in the Jetbook Color, it is of importance to know how many devices they produce or how many people are involved in the developing the software.
I they would have come out with a "perfect" device all the questions would be obsolete.
I hope I made myself clear - and I didn't want to make any "points"...
Nor do you want to do the research yourself, you seem to expect an answer
handed to you. My reply suggested a means for you to get the information
you are requesting, but that would involve some effort on your part.

I consider my reply to have been a "helpful contribution". I do not agree
with your assumptions that would motivate me to do that research. If you
are still actually seeking that information, you might consider the potential
sources I mentioned. If that effort is too much for you, who sees it as of
value, why would you expect me to spend my time and resources to do it
for you?

Also, there is no "perfect" device, anymore than there is a "Best" device.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; I don't know about the others but Ectaco has a pretty good record of
continuing efforts and firmware releases that have significantly improved the
jetBooks. They were even one of the first to have Adobe Reader Mobile 9.1.1
working on a dedicated reader. Now they have a completely new firmware and
software suite tailoring a brand new device to the academic market, all before
the general release of of the device itself. So Ectaco seems to have the
programming capability needed and a history of using it.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-13-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote