View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But that is because the book you downloaded from the local library was badly formatted. As discussed in other thread it is technical possible to get large images in a mobi file. You could get device dependent image size.

How common is it that mobi files are badly produced with respect to image size? The ones in Mobileread hade small images but I suppose that is because BookDesigner does not support bigger images.
It is common. Look at a lof ot Mobi books and you'll see the cover is tiny. Mobi format is a throwback to PDA/Cell phones resolution screens. Yes, you can make Mobi formatted books with larger enough images. But most are not formatted that way. And as far as the book posted here, yes the small images are due to Book Designer's output. Nothing we can do about that if we use Book Designer.

Quote:
But I agree with your point that they did not want to risk complaint about mobi files with small images so they formatted to a new format that they had control over.
I think AZW may be Mobi format with formatting for the Kindle screen. It does make sense given all the information we have on the Kindle books.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote