View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #60
skreutzer
Software Developer
skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.skreutzer considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Seems like writer2latex is pretty well programmed in terms of architecture - unfortunately, it seems like the basic concept of the entire package is to perform ODT to XYZ conversion as an inseparable step, which is configurable, but heavily relying on OpenOffice. I started to try to detach the EPUB generator from the package to some extend in order to get a standalone XHTML to EPUB converter, which is difficult because the EPUB packer only takes XHTML as result of an ODT conversion. So without further modifications, writer2latex's EPUB generator can't be used to take any XHTML export from any writing software, except if a writing software would be able to export to ODT in the first place or XHTML to ODT is performed as the first step. The benefit of writer2latex's concept is that configuration files probably won't need to be interpreted and applied several times but only once, but probably the configuration is different for each conversion anyway. I don't know if it is worth the time to invest for a standalone XHTML to EPUB converter which would just resemble what my html2epub tool does already, so I may abandon this first try and change to LaTeX conversion and use ODT to XHTML of writer2latex as part of an automated processing workflow, which then could be the input for my html2epub tool.
skreutzer is offline   Reply With Quote