View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
When I go to Radio Shack, I'm typically shopping in the back of the store. Radio shack used to be more of a DIY electronics store. It still has that aspect, but it's in the back of the store and not as prominent as it used to be. I'll go to Radio Shack if I need a connector or cables and don't want to make the trip to the big box store. If Amazon were to buy out Radio Shack, they would have to keep selling much of what Radio Shack sells, otherwise there would be little point in buying them out, they could just set up their own store from scratch.

Sears used to have "catalog stores" in small towns. They had some items for sale, I think you could get some appliances. But mostly you placed catalog orders there and picked up your orders from the store when they arrived. With the lockers, Amazon is doing half of that. But Amazon could also have kiosks for people to place orders. Of course, most of us will just order from our own computers. But there are some people who are not at all tech savvy. They might prefer to order at a kiosk in a store where they can place an order without having to create an account, and where someone from the store can place an order. Such kiosks wouldn't cost a lot.

Last edited by QuantumIguana; 02-20-2013 at 02:24 PM.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote