View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I can answer some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
OK .... here are my questions for whoever wrote that article ...

1. How well are you able to read from the iPhone in direct sunlight?
Reasonably well. Not great, but it's OK.

Quote:
2. How long does the battery last when you are reading?
About 6h.

Quote:
3. Since books in the public domain are generally available for free elsewhere, how is selling them for 99 cents supposed to be a good deal?
Er, why are bookshops full of books by authors like Dickens and Shakespeare? For many people the convenience of buying a book that someone else has created outweighs being able to get it "for free" for themselves.

Quote:
4. What different font sizes are available, and how well do large fonts display on the iPhone screen (with respect to reading)?
Can't help you with that one, I'm afraid.

Quote:
5. How is staring at any piece of electronic equipment supposed to make someone look "sexy."?
Depends what else you're wearing at the time?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote