View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #15
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Marketing a product like this would just highlight the fact that Amazon doesn't support an SD card that just plugs into the Kindle. They may not want to highlight a deficiency in their product.

Someone had also mentioned that supporting the SD card would add to the Kindle 2's thickness. I just wanted to mention that I have a Nokia 5310 phone that is nearly the exact same thickness as the K2. So I believe dropping the SD card was simply a cost factor. And if cost is such a big factor then I doubt Amazon would spend the money to have an engineer get something like this working, and if they are going to hire someone then I'd prefer to have her work on getting us folder support.

I just don't see how this product buys you much convenience. The idea of the SD card is so that you don't have to plug the USB cord in to access files. If I'm going to plug the USB cable into my Kindle then I might as well coneect it to my netbook that has all my ebook files.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote