View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I wish we would go ahead and stop printing paper $s. It has been put off three times now... due to people not wanting to change. But, to me we are just wasting money printing $1 notes. I also thing we should stop making pennies too. This would allow room in the cash draw for the $1 coin better.
There's a slot for the dollar coins in the change drawers now, look at the thing the next time you see a cash register -- they usually keep rolled money and paper clips and coins they don't know what else to do with in that slot. My theory is that modern tills are based on a design from when half-dollar coins were fairly commonly used that never got updated.

Besides, if they quit printing dollar bills, they'll have an extra slot from that to keep rolled change in.

The only question I have is are we sure that the coins are cheaper to make than the paper bills? I suppose they would be in the long run, given the greater durability of coins vs. paper bills ....

I'm sure there are studies that have definitively answered the question, of which I am blissfully unaware.

I'm not in favor of getting rid of pennies, however -- that would mostly empty my change jug ... especially after my wife raids it for quarters.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote