Thread: Arc kobo arc 7 and pdf
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by elverulamio View Post
Hi,

I am a grad student so i have to read a lot, and specially i read a lot of pdfs since most of the academic articles come in that format. I also have lots of academic books in pdf format, which is a lot cheaper than buying them... for instance cambridge press, oxford press and so on are really expensive and i cannot afford buying all the stuff I need. I am looking for a reader that allow me to read my pdf's. I have an amazon kindle, but i am not very satisfied with the result. I am wondering if the kobo arc 7 is a good solution. If seen it in show off at some shops but not sure how good would it be for reading a pdf. Does anyone have an opinion? (Haven't been able to find a video review that talks about pdf's). It looks like a good tablet/reader, so i think it could be a good solution.
I don't have a Kobo Arc but my Nexus 7 is a better device for reading PDFs than my Aura HD. PDF reading is more or less an afterthought on the Aura HD while a couple of pdf reader apps on the Nexus handle zooming, text reflow, etc. much better.

OTOH, for my tech manual collection, I prefer to use my iPad -- for those pesky diagrams manual authors seem to love, the bigger the screen the better.

I do keep most of the manuals on all 3 -- you never know when you might need to refer to a manual -- so able to use trumps easier to use but not available at the moment.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 09-22-2013 at 02:00 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote