View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ctipi

Have you tried any other pdf to epub conversion methods.

My first choice for PDF conversions is to convert to PRC with MobiCreator, and then convert the PRC to EPUB with Calibre.

I sometimes use Acrobat, Nitro and Omnipage, but they cost money, and if you're not familiar with them they're not easy to drive.

A method I have yet to try is to use Doxillion (Free) to convert the PDF to DOCX and then use Calibre to convert the DOCX to EPUB. That route solved another conversion issue the other day.

I convert a lot of PDF's from .edu, .gov and .ngo sites, and I've not found a universal solution to get a good epub from a PDF. But in my experience two steps are more often better than one step.

I've never had any sliced images, but most of the PDFs I convert don't have many images. I also give up if I can't get what I consider to be a reasonable conversion.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote