View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecweston View Post
To be honest, as consumers we don't get to decide what we pay for ebooks, so the real question is how much are you willing to spend? I've noticed most new books are between $10 and $15 in eBook format. This is more than a paperback book usually but less than a hardcover. So if you're willing to wait a year for the book to go into paperback, it's less expensive to get the paper version than the eBook. But it's about half the cost of a brand new hardcover, so there's that.

You would think publishers would factor in the cost of printing and distribution and remove that from the cost of the eBook, but they don't really. Same reason an album in iTunes cost $9.99 and a new CD at Best Buy costs $9.99: customers are willing to pay it.
Yeah, that just about sums it up: You should pay whatever you're comfortable paying. I very rarely buy e-books that are over $10. I don't currently have any authors that I have to have as soon as they come out. But if you're a huge fan of some author, and you have to have whatever e-book they put out the moment it's available, it's gonna cost you more than if you'd waited. No way around that.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote