View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #460
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
What if one doesn't use Calibre, but just loads epubs straight onto the card? (That's one of the things I like about the Kobo; I don't have to grab a cable and wire the device to my computer just to add a book.)
If I download a generic epub without a seperate cover image then the device uses the first page of the epub as the cover. If that first page contains white at the edges then so will the resulting cover, I don't see any way to avoid that without causing a lot of complaints that covers which are supposed to have white at the edges are not being rendered properly.

For example what would the device be expected to do with a cover like this? http://subterraneanpress.com/store/p..._objects_ebook
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote