View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 12:33 AM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Part 5 - What next?

And where to go from here? This is as far as I can take you this evening. But there's so much to explore. Read the docs on constructing .site files and build or modify some. Actually, just read the docs in general. There's a ton of good stuff in there. For example, the basic html form that the documents are output in can be changed with html templates. You can also tweak the way the files are named as well as other parameters with some command line switches. (Personally I don't like the way that Sitescooper defaults to a "Date - Name" convention. If you include the switch -nodates in your command line, the dates will drop out.) Also the immense power of regular expressions (see the documentation on how to build .site files and also Alexander's post)

There's lots of power here. All we've done in this intro is (hopefully) get the engine started. I've got a little project that I'm tinkering with to warm up and then I hope to tackle some more challenging sites. And I haven't even begun to explore the huge list of sites that have already had .site files written for them...

So please let me know if this document helps you. I hope it answers more questions than it raises. Soon I hope to add a section on changing the output templates, as well as a description of my comics project. I also hope that others will contribute what they've done with Sitescooper and any cool tricks they've found.

Last edited by ignatz; 03-11-2004 at 12:47 AM.