View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #54
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
[QUOTE=HomeInMyShoes;2228163]Actually, it's an interesting question. I was outside a few weeks back and my neighbour was reading on his front step and I asked what he was reading. His reply of "oh, just some fiction" made me stop and think. Do we really value plain old stories so little? I know I don't.

No matter what the book is, highbrow or otherwise, sometimes I am just not interested in having a conversation about it. If somebody asked what I was reading and I made a reply like "just some fiction" - that would be my way of trying to avoid further conversation without actually saying "please leave me alone, I don't want to talk about it!"
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote