View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #53
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Terry Goodkind's work is epic as well. I've yet to read the last two books. Need to find time to do so when I can be bothered to read such large pBooks (no eBook editions exist legally).
Meh, I think I read about 3 and the last one was a real struggle; not sure whether it's derivative or a lot of other stuff I've read is derived from it, but pretty bored overall.

Same with Feist's Magician; kinda felt like I'd read it all before.

Wheel of Time started out well but by about book 6 was a nightmare. If I left more than a couple of weeks between installments I forgot who was where with whom and even, latterly, who had been who when. Think I struggled up to 10 before giving.

Which is not to say that I don't like long, epic sagas. Just not minor variations on the same theme with casts of thousands.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote