View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
EverC
EverC began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kobo Touch (returned)
Well, I was polite and inquired beforehand how well the Kobo Touch handles pdf, I knew that it shows pdf files, but not if I can actually make it through a whole pdf manual. Now I know that I would prefer not to, but I will keep it for my personal entertainment. I was told they can not show me any pdfs on their demo unit. I also asked, if I could just bring a micro SD card with a pdf on it and I was told that won't work, because the Kobo can not read directly from the card and only serves as an expansion for the internal memory (now I know it actually can!), but I could try it at home and bring the Kobo back, if it doesn't suit my needs and get a full refund once a manager has checked whether the unit was still in good condition.
Then when I actually paid for the Kobo, I was told I can not bring it back once it is opened...period. No supervisor/manager available at that time.
Because I did not want to come back to speak to a Manager and I was still on the fence anyway about perhaps buying a different device (Kindle, Sony, Nook) instead, I decided to return it and make my purchase somewhere else.
Other than that I always had good service at Chapters, but it's a bookstore after all, not an electronics store, so I had to pass this time.

Last edited by EverC; 08-31-2011 at 03:57 PM.
EverC is offline   Reply With Quote