View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Pack View Post
Your Kindle should wake from sleep within two or three seconds. I experienced the same problem you are having and discovered that it was happening only when the book I was reading was in AZW1 format (I'm guessing Topaz books will do the same). My Kindle was taking 12 to 15 seconds to wake or to move to the book from the Home Page. As soon as I switched to a book in another format, the problem went away. I did report the problem to Amazon.
Just a really small clarification - .azw1 and .tpz are both Topaz files. You get .azw when you download directly to your Kindle, and a .tpz when you download to your computer.

Why? Who knows.....

And, yes, Topaz books are much slower opening. It's better on K2 than on K1, but it's still bad.

Last edited by tlrowley; 03-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote