View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #39
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
How do you find the Kindle compared to a Sony? I hear Amazon is intrusive by comparison, trying to hard-sell you books etc.
After I heard the news about Sony, I bought my first Kindle. I have a PW2.

I wouldn't characterize Amazon as intrusive. The screen displays ads, but only when the unit is turned off, or when displaying the list of books on the device.

Within books, there are no ads. So the reading experience itself is no different. That would be the deal-breaker for me.

Now that I think about it, being free of ads while reading is more important to me than being free of DRM.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote