View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Actually, I thought that the most controversial statement was that the Kindle was just a transitional device. I thought millions of Kindle owners would be spitting fire at the idea that their beloved e-ink reading devices were not the end and pinacle of the ebook reading experience and would be replaced by tablets.

FWIW, I think that there will be another generation of e-ink readers, may be two. But the focus is clearly shifting toward tablets. The shift may not be to "general purpose " tablets, though , but to "reader tablets" tied to a particular store. There is the Nook Color; there will be a Kindle tablet, modelled on the NC; there may even be a Kobo tablet, in time.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote