View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #68
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You're fooling yourself.
WTH man... you're just posting one-liners, without any explanation. That's irritating.

If I wish to re-install my computer from scratch up to the point where it is now, I can do so without actually connecting to the internet. The system will end up in exactly the same state as it is now, minus the latest Windows updates.

The only thing I *can't* do is download updates or newer versions of programs, but that's not the point; the point is that I can use what I have now, indefinitely, aka forever, as long as the computer does not break down. (Even if it breaks down, I can run all the software, minus the operating system, on any other computer I want, without ever connecting that computer to the internet either.)

I run software created by companies that have been gone for 10 years or longer. If that software had had activation crap in it, it would be useless now, but because it hasn't, I can use it as long as I have a computer/operating system that will install and run it.

That is independent in my book, and a Chromebook is anything but. It completely and fully depends on third-party services and online access to be able to do anything.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote