View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
The kind of writing I do doesn't lend itself to NaNoWriMo kind of thing - too many short stories, and I don't think I could come up with a new short story a day for 30 days.
I can relate to this. My novel writing efforts frequently make me think, "You're a short story writer.", but I want to finish a novel, just so I can say I completed one. But realistically, in the time it takes me to write a novel draft, I could put together (and polish) a dozen of short stories, and a countless flash ones. I actually enjoy flash fiction, both writing and reading, perhaps more so than shorts and novellas. It may in part be because my native language isn't English, so flash fiction is "easier" (revising, re-revising, re-re-revising also takes less time), but actually, I think it's just preference.

I do enjoy world building and had, for example, a great time designing an original magic system, but creating a novel-spanning plot doesn't come naturally to me. Snapshots are more my thing.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote