Thread: Aura HD Kobo Aura HD
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #547
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Personally I use kepub when I have it from kobo and am happy with epub when I have it from somewhere else (ie: library loan). The only thing I miss on epub is the mins left to read feature of kepubs...and no one at kobo has ever said they won't implement that with epubs in the future...in fact, just the opposite, it was implied that that's where the future is headed.
I have been doing that too since May 2010 when I bought my first Kobo. I changed (if truth be told) mostly because I wanted to try things this way, for a change and because I really, really like the advantages kepubs have, at the moment. I fully expect the differences between kepubs and epubs to be negligible in the long term.

I convert kindle books in calibre. Choosing the kepub-epub bit is just a matter of choosing the driver of one's choice. The built in driver by davidfor is excellent. I was just exploring the new driver. I may change back, as so far, the ones created with the new driver, while great in terms of formatting, don't seem to show up in library searches. This may be something I am doing wrong.

EDIT: Yup, totally my fault. I had both drivers on (odd how that happened). Once I disabled the built in one, restarted calibre, and connected my Aura, all was well.

And Jon, when I alter the line height using calibre, I use 1.2. The line spacing choices in kobo really don't make it necessary all that often.

Last edited by taming; 04-27-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: I can read, but I can't spell.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote