View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 07:07 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
This is the Orange trial (Orange is the brand name France Telecom uses), and has been discussed here.

Zelda: did you get to be a beta tester, or was there anyone at the Paris meet who was and can comment?
sadly, i did not, and i also was rejected for the SFR beta test mere weeks later (snif snif). i feel unloved. there were quite a few MR readers who applied and were rejected (we all feel unloved). there was one person present at the meetup who actually managed to be selected, and had (the holy grail !!) the Orange device ; however, she had been obliged to sign a non-disclusure agreement and so did not bring it with her and could not talk to us about it. she did show me the 3G dongle, which is gigantic, but for obvious reasons i didn't take a photo of it.

however, i do know another person who is *also* is participating in the test, and has offered to show me the device, so at least i will get to see one live. however i may not get to tell you about it until after the test is over (if then) ; i'll ask her what she thinks is possible. perhaps if i don't mention her name or any details i can get away with it... thus my pre-emptive editing of this very post to remove any incriminating details.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote