View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #411
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I fail to see where in Dulin's Books message there was anything denigrating Apple. It was mainly a technical explanation as to the limitations encountered when trying to send voice and data on a CDMA based network.
Then you aren't reading very carefully.

What likely happened is that Apple decided they really wanted the new form factor. Lighter and thinner took priority over everything else, including upgraded camera optics and, it seems, a dual antenna. I am as annoyed by this as anyone, but I'm not going to grovel for these people in order to expiate some perceived sin. I've already voiced my disapproval, several times.

Dulin and others want to impute this to pure avarice, as if the world's most valuable company deliberately withholds features to save a couple bucks on every unit. You have to be pretty naïve to read that as anything but denigrating. Besides, he has been sniggering elsewhere in this thread for a while now.

Last edited by holymadness; 09-14-2012 at 03:44 PM.