View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #115
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post

I'm beginning to think the obsessive "topping it off" syndrome is affecting Android's battery % calculations (which is just an estimate, after all).

Some of the folks do have a battery drain problem - probably faulty Nooks - but like others have said, you'd see a totally dead device in a few days if you had that.
Well, all I can tell you is that my Touch has rapidly drained (about 1% per hour) since the day I bought it. If I let it go way down and then recharge to 100%, the normal way, it is completely drained in about 4 days. It doesn't vary. It has always been like that. I agree that it is faulty, but it hasn't become a "totally dead device" in a short time or anything. It works fine if I use what you call obsessive techniques, giving me about 1 months worth of reading. I have had it now for about 8 months.

The only way to stop the bad behavior is to top it off, or now it seems that rebooting also works. So what would you do if your Nook was doing this? Yes, I could have returned it, but this was my 2nd that had this problem, and I was tired of returning them, so I figured I could use it, and so far so good.

In case you think it's me, well i had a classic and it was fine, and i have a Color nook and it is fine too. It's just bad luck with the Touch for me.

Last edited by RAH; 06-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote