View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Cottser
Enthusiast
Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Cottser can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
My Kobo Touch syncs up to the Kobo app on my Mac just fine, but iOS syncing, forget about it. Really hoping this gets fixed because this was a selling point for me.

The iPhone app took a lot of convincing and manual refreshes to see any new bookmark locations. Once I finally got it to see the updated bookmark, I flipped a couple pages, updated the bookmark on the iPhone, then went back to the KT. Once I confirmed that I had read on another device, the KT zoomed me roughly two dozen pages ahead of where I was on the iPhone. Very frustrating. If it just doesn't work, I'd rather not see it touted as a feature.

Also, at roughly the same spot in the (Kobo ePUB) book, the iPhone app reported 12% done while the KT reported 3%. I'm fairly sure the KT is showing the accurate figure, but I was a bit stunned to see this huge discrepancy.

Edit: The sync is still not working properly (iPhone struggles to pick up new bookmark, KT zooms way ahead after syncing iPhone) but at least now the iPhone and KT are both reporting 20% progress.

Last edited by Cottser; 09-04-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Cottser is offline   Reply With Quote